• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

tube-amplifier-shaped-usb-speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
This is quite possibly the lamest thing I've ever seen.

How does it produce sound? Well, presumably via a speaker built into the enclosure. I'm guessing it's one of them cost-efficient class D IC's and an el-cheapo driver with a tacky enclosure around it.

A fool and his money... (Of course now that I've said that, the next poster will obviously immediately state that they own the product and LOVE it :)).

~Tom

from link said:
But I guess this device isn’t about looking like a tube, it’s just about sticking some blue LEDs under polycarbonate domes in hopes it will sell cheap speakers.

That sums it up. Desk gimmick.

(Of course now that I've said that, the next poster will obviously immediately state that they own the product and LOVE it

So much, I threw away my monoblocks and BIBs...

Oh wait...:p

Attachments

• 115999785_full.jpg
    115999785_full.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 96
uhh i dunno i think i will get the black one.... the only comet left on the product sums it up.
the case is sweet, just rip out the guts, and voila. have the tubes in front, maybe keep the domes on, and caps in back (in replace of back domes), damm, is there a cheaper case that is similar?, not that i've seen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.