• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

how to make a tube gyrator eq?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Does someone know a way to do a tube based gyrator eq.
I'm trying to make two different parametric tube eq.

Please look at the attached schematic file. I need to translate those opamp based eq to tubes.

Any help will be appreciate.

Thanks

Attachments

• Gyrator.pdf
    58.4 KB · Views: 649
Thanks SY

Looks interesting I will have a closer look on it later if I can adapt my circuit to yours.
Ideally I would like it to be all tube but its a good starting point.
At first I wanted to build something around Borbely's tube opamp but its too complicated and needs to much tubes.

EQ only using tubes

Hi,
well I searched a while ago for the same thing. Look here:
"http://gilmore2.chem.northwestern.edu/projects/showfile.php?file=equal_prj.htm"
http://www.triodeel.com/images/b9b.gif

First link is a transfer of an OP-amp schematic to tube. It look nice but need double HT and nee 6 triode sytems.
The second need 10 triode systems.

I do not found any "simpler" schematic today.

But...:eek:

There is hope: I got an EQ-1 from TL Audio for repair. Unfortunately no schematic but it´s not the first time I "reenineer" a PCB to schematic :D

Regards
Karsten

Hi SY,

I was reading your article about the Acheron active crossover, and I liked the idea of using a gyrator. However, I couldn't figure out how to calculate gyrator values for R and C if we need different frequency (from your stated 110 Hz high-pass). More specifically, if I'd need a frequency of 150 Hz, Hi-pass, Q=0.7, with the filter sandwiched between two buffers, with input in of 100K, what values will I need to change?
( in your article: C2=10 nF C3=10nF C4=10nF, R6=120K R7=5K1 R8=200K) but I have no clue how to recalculate these values in order to come to 150 Hz...

Thanks a lot,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.