Olson AM-158 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th January 2010, 01:48 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Olson AM-158

I recently picked up this amp. I can't seem to find out much about it. Do any of you have any experience with this amp or other Olson products. I have put a request in a Sams for a schematic. Hopfuly the can come up with one. It's a nice looking piece. The output tubes are a Triode/Pentode 6BM8 which I thought would be fun to get to know.

Tom
Old 6th January 2010, 02:43 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I worked as a service tech at an Olson store from 1970 through 1972. We were not able to get schematics or service manuals for many of our own products. I don't remember your specific amp, since the SS revolution had already occured by then. The store was next to the University of Miami so the customer based changed regularly and we never saw much broken stuff more than 4 years old.

Olson would send specs out to the major equipment manufacturers of the time and contract with the lowest cost vendor. Many of the tube era amps were made by Kenwood and were very similar to a Kenwood or Trio amp made at the same time.
Old 6th January 2010, 03:34 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thank you. At a glance circuts and components seem to be fairly common. The one part that concerns me is I might need a new tone pot. This is a dual pot with 25K and 250K. Do you have any idea where I might fine one?

Thanks again.
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:05 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Olson Model AM-158 Schematic

I stumbled on your post regarding the Olson AM-158. I happen to have a schematic diagram of this unit. Let me know if you still need a copy. If so, I'll scan and email it.
Old 25th January 2012, 10:18 PM   #5
John L is offline John L  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmoss2 View Post
I stumbled on your post regarding the Olson AM-158. I happen to have a schematic diagram of this unit. Let me know if you still need a copy. If so, I'll scan and email it.
If you could afford to send me a copy of the schematic, and any other information, I would appreciate it. I too have one of these units that could use some TLC.

Thanks.
Old 15th May 2013, 04:10 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Dear members,
Hi have got an OLSON am-158 in a flea market and I don’t know if it’s a good hifi amplifier. Can somebody give me some feedback on it.... and do you know if there is a schematic available somewhere for me to work on it eventually.

Regard’s

HEATHKITQC
Old 15th July 2014, 02:50 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmoss2 View Post
Hi Ericmoss2,
I just acquire an Olson AM-158 which has issue, if you could email me a scan of the schematic and any other information, I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Hide this!Advertise here!