Magnavox Model #OFMC26 Tube Stereo - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th January 2010, 10:52 PM   #1
rjohns1 is offline rjohns1  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Magnavox Model #OFMC26 Tube Stereo

Hi everyone, I just picked this up on ebay. It has not arrived yet, and I am looking to see if anyone has any information about this radio. I'm new here. I have the model number and serial: Model #OFMC26 and Serial #1923924. I am not new to electronics, or to tubes, but this is my first tube HIFI. I am a guitar player, and have many tube amps, from vintage to current ones. I would like to modify this unit slightly, as it has a phono input, I would like to bypass the phono preamp and hook up my ipod or CD player, but would like to leave the pre amp in there and maybe switch it in and out of the circuit, as I might go all out and get some old records and a turn table someday. Any one have a schematic for this guy? Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 5th January 2010, 10:55 PM   #2
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Pictures?

dave
Old 5th January 2010, 11:57 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Magnavox service data is usually found by chassis number. Some of these are transformerless, not a good idea to plug ANYTHING into those, though at least an iPod on battery won't hum... odds are it was intended for a high-level ceramic phono, which needs no equalization - essentially a line-level input.
Old 6th January 2010, 01:00 AM   #4
rjohns1 is offline rjohns1  United States
diyAudio Member

Pictures and description:
PRICE CUT !!! --- MAGNAVOX TUBE RADIO 90W MODEL OFMC26 - eBay (item 350299030726 end time Jan-05-10 10:39:22 PST)

The guy clearly doesn't know anything about this stuff. He read the power consumption of 90 watts, and figured that it puts out 90 watts (haha). But the pictures are very detailed, and it looks like it is in really good shape. If you click on any of the pictures in the ebay listing, it takes you to an outside account, and the pictures are huge and very detailed.
Thanks for the info. I hope it took a ceramic phono input, that would be great. If it doesn't have a power transformer, I will be getting an isolation power transformer from Hammond. What do think, did I get a good deal? $154 to my door.

Hide this!Advertise here!