• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Lost in Translation - DIY Japan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear All,

I have noticed that there are some people from Japan on this forum. I'd love to meet with other people for chat or for some listening.
I live in Tokyo, near Nihonbashi. My building has a room that I can have for free, and I would more then happy to host a DIY meeting. Bring your amp, drinks on me !!

Hope to see some of you,

Davide

I'm interested. I live a little bit west of you in Machida/Sagamihara area.

Edit: I live on a US military base and we could use one of the rooms in our club here if that would be convenient as well. Subway station is right outside my front door and there is plenty of parking available for anyone that wants to come by car. Only thing, on base our power is US spec so some transformers might be needed. Anyway, just a thought if Nihonbashi doesn't work for everyone.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I did not forget about my idea of a DIY meeting. I wanted to wait a bit, as I disassemble my amplifier and reassembled in modules, so that it is possible to try different circuits with the same PSU and OPT. I also bought two boards from Tubelab and I am waiting for Mouser to deliver the components.
As soon as I have the boards populated, we can have some fun as we should be able to use my modules to try at least four different configurations. I wanted to do this in order to select the configuration I like more to build a 300B based amplifier and a KT88 based amplifier.

See you soon,

Davide

Do some of you have a spectrum analyzer ? I'd love to measure this toys. Personally I am of the idea that only after you have all the numbers right you can start speaking of sonic and so on. But I cannot spend 1500 $ on this instrument.

Hope to see you soon !

Davide

Ok, long time has passed since my last post here. Now I have something to show !!!

Next two WE are busy for me, so is anyone interested in a DIY meeting in Tokyo in three weeks (17 or 18 of April) ?

Hope to get to know some of you. I have the space and three pairs of speakers to play with.

Best Regards,

Davide

Thanks for kicking this back up. I've been talking to my wife saying "didn't we have something going on the 17th or 18th??? What was it?" Now I remember... stereo stuff!

I would love to get together and 18 Apr would be perfect for me. Pick a time and place and I'll be there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.