• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Nagra's engineers at work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you very much for sharing that link. I've been a long time fan of Nagra as well as a collector. That was some delicious eye candy and enjoyable reading. Even got me lusting over Nagra stuff again. :cloud9:

My current Nagra collection:
3) Nagra III
1) Nagra IV-D
1) Nagra IV-L
1) Nagra IV-BL
2) Nagra IV-S (1 w/7" cover)
2) Nagra IV-SJ
1) Nagra 4.2
1) Nagra TRVR logger w/RCHS time code reader/searcher

This show is fascinating.
I would say only so much about the reliability that I heard it once from a filmmaker-staff, that the packets forgot to be fixed at the time of a departure on top of the bus. A Nagra tape-recorder was between them. Sure falls from the roof of the bus. It was picked up from the ground, it was dusted off. No damage happened in it.

Gyuri

Attachments

• plp2_large-1.jpg
    plp2_large-1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 293
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The chassis is up ended - if you look carefully you can actually see the 300B output tubes facing downwards in some of the pix.

The design seems terribly complicated to me. I have designed and manufactured a number of different PP 300B designs, and the oldest have now been running for more than 10yrs without issue. I can't imagine anything that complex will be all that reliable. Wonder how it sounds with all of that silicon in the signal path..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.