Simple SE parts "Kit" - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th December 2009, 04:28 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Simple SE parts "Kit"

I looked at Georges site and he has this :
Sherri started working on the first non PC board product for Tubelab last year. It is a "bag of parts" for the Simple SE. It contains all of the components that go on the PC board. The parts have been ordered for the Simple SE and the Simple P-P. They will be "kitted" when she returns. (mid November)

Does anybody know if the parts are fore sale, I would gladly buy them from George.
Cheers Ron.
Old 13th December 2009, 04:50 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I know the site hasn't been updated in a while (George has been inundated with work) and I don't believe the "bag of parts" are available yet, but will be soon. Not sure of a time frame exactly, but George checks these forums quite frequently, so he should be able to tell you more exactly. Until then, I believe he makes mention to them in the Simple PP thread, if you want to check that.

Nic.
Old 13th December 2009, 06:37 PM   #3
rknize is offline rknize  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to rknize Send a message via Yahoo to rknize
Take a look through the Simple P-P thread. There he says that he and Sherri plan to put the bag-o-parts kits together for the Simple SE once he has the Simple P-P kits put together and the instructions posted. He's reimplementing his website right now.
Old 13th December 2009, 09:03 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thank you both.
Cheers Ron.
Old 13th December 2009, 10:29 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

OK, here is the deal. I have about a dozen bag -o- parts kits for the Simple P-P ready. There are about 30 more that are missing some parts. There are about 25 bag -o- parts kits for the Simple SE that are missing several key parts (the electrolytic caps).

The only way that I can offer these kits for a reasonable price is to buy the components in 100 quantities or greater. The Tubelab credit card does not support a purchase of several hundred dollars right now. Tubelab has never shown a profit, and is seriously red for 2009. It was expected that the Simple P-P would be available by now but I have been stuck at work late most every night and many weekends.

Sherri lost her job early this year, so I need to do whatever it takes to keep my full time job. This situation has unfortunately screwed up the plans for Tubelab right now. If the Simple P-P board sales go well I will order the remaining components for the parts kits.

Hide this!Advertise here!