Need a good phono stage design.. - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th January 2010, 05:18 PM   #11
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Posts about transistor history moved to: 2N2222A transistor and transisitor history
Transistor preamp by IVey moved to new thread: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analo...no-preamp.html
Old 13th January 2010, 03:27 AM   #12
ncdrawl is offline ncdrawl  United States
diyAudio Member

thanks to everyone. I really, really appreciate it.
Old 13th January 2010, 03:49 AM   #13
sonidos is offline sonidos  United States
Libertador de la Música
diyAudio Member

I'm like a broken record. Thanks again. This is definitely on my list. I see the parts are commonly in stock at Mouser. That's a first!!!
Old 14th January 2010, 03:30 AM   #14
Ivey is offline Ivey  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Panomanic: Mr. Moderator

I joined this forum because, one of my desires was to Start a thread on building Moscode styles of power amplifiers, and to share all that information with those persons interested in being a part of that thread.

But when I tried, you directed me to threads that I felt and discovered, did not truly cover the subject, nor address the subject in its realm.

The Aikido thread dealt solely with it, not moscode styles of amplifiers.

I have schematics and diagrams to nearly every Futterman OTL and Moscode amplifier. Believe or it not, they were sent to me in 1986 by George Kaye, when I moonlighted at Counterpont Electronics in Carlsbad, Ca. We serviced a lot of various HiFI equipment there as well. I also have the Counterpoint items. Somethings, I managed to lose, or loaned out and can not remember who I gave them too.

Anyway, on the "Moscode with a thump" thread, I left a message for George Kaye, but he never came back or got back to me.

I think, he thinks that if he do not answer, people will think that I am trying to act important or that I think I got one up on everyone else.

Far from it. I just want to ask him if he will give me permission to post the stuff on the forum. Because I learned that he is still making Moscodes. And he may not not like it. And I want him as a friend, not a foe.

I am aware that I can contact him in private.Yet I want this to be public, when he tells me yes or no.

I want there to be no doubts, in the forums position, the actions that I take.

I have other designs, that I can start off with, but I would like to expose all the different topologies, on the hybrid subject. If you allow me to open this thread.

I await your reply Sir.

Take Care

Ivey
Old 14th January 2010, 05:16 AM   #15
mlloyd1 is offline mlloyd1  United States
diyAudio Member

ivey, you confused me for a moment and then i see: i was referring the power supply in posts #27 and #28; i think you are referring to your bipolar transistor riaa preamp in posts #12 and #13?

so, for the power supply circuit from posts #27 and #28, shown below, is a resistor missing?

thanks
mlloyd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivey View Post
No Sir, the 82k provides base bias for Q2, through the feedback loop. The 680 ohm resistor, 1k resistor, the 47uf/50 provides reference for the zener.

the zener is used to provide reference to Q2's gain section, because you have two feedback loops to that section. The RIAA and the negative feedback loop of the 82k resistor.

If the reference voltage is lost, the unit could go into oscillation. When current demands are present.

I have played the phono amp without the zener, and it sounds muddy. With it, it is sweet and warm for a ss unit.

Take Care

Ivey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ivey1cap_mult.jpg (25.9 KB, 453 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!