Tube-I-zator SRPP DAC I/V-Stage circuit discussions - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th May 2012, 03:23 PM   #41
diyAudio Member

Default Tub-I-Zator in Sony CDP-710

I'd like to use one of these boards in a Sony CDP-710, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to implement it. I'd have to use the V-out version because the separation of the audio signal into right and left channels appears to occur after the DAC in analog by means of a MC74HC4053N chip (see attachment). Therein lies the problem - the MC74HC4053N signals are combined with the signal from the DAC (L+R presumably, since there's only one) after the op-amp, which I think is set up to invert the signals from the multiplexer. It looks to me like L-R and R-L signals are generated in the multiplexer, and the DAC mono signal is subtracted from them to get R & L. Can the SRPP circuit be used in this hodge-podge? If so how would it be connected and which tube would work? I'm rather new at this stuff and so far I just know enough to be dangerous. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: png cdp710output.png (95.2 KB, 252 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!