• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

please help me change this

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
By not using the vib/trem circuit you will be eliminating many parts and making it a much easier amp to clone. First scrap all the circuitry in and around V3, the input stage and part of vib/trem circuit. Next scrap all of the circuitry in and around V4, that's the modulator for the vib/trem circuit. Next scrap all of the circuitry in and around V5, that's the oscillator and phase splitter for the vib/trem circuitry. All of that circuitry finally ends up feeding the right side of V6, the phase splitter, through an RC network or high pass filter made up of several .0047uf (4n7) capacitors and 1 meg resistors, scrap all of the .0047 (4n7) caps and the 1 meg resistors and the 500k(470k) volume control, leave the .047uf (47n). The high pass filter was there to eliminate the very low frequency from the oscillator which runs at approx. 6,7, or 8Hz depending on the speed switch. Now the right side of the phase splitter is open with only the .047uf (47n) connected to it. Next connect the end of the .047uf (47n) that was connected to the wiper of the volume control to ground. I've built probably over 150 AC15/30 clones in the past few years, very very popular amplifiers providing you use the Celestion Blue Alnico speakers.

Craig

By not using the vib/trem circuit you will be eliminating many parts and making it a much easier amp to clone. First scrap all the circuitry in and around V3, the input stage and part of vib/trem circuit. Next scrap all of the circuitry in and around V4, that's the modulator for the vib/trem circuit. Next scrap all of the circuitry in and around V5, that's the oscillator and phase splitter for the vib/trem circuitry. All of that circuitry finally ends up feeding the right side of V6, the phase splitter, through an RC network or high pass filter made up of several .0047uf (4n7) capacitors and 1 meg resistors, scrap all of the .0047 (4n7) caps and the 1 meg resistors and the 500k(470k) volume control, leave the .047uf (47n). The high pass filter was there to eliminate the very low frequency from the oscillator which runs at approx. 6,7, or 8Hz depending on the speed switch. Now the right side of the phase splitter is open with only the .047uf (47n) connected to it. Next connect the end of the .047uf (47n) that was connected to the wiper of the volume control to ground. I've built probably over 150 AC15/30 clones in the past few years, very very popular amplifiers providing you use the Celestion Blue Alnico speakers.

Craig

thank you very much i will posting pics when it is done

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.