• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Yaqin MC-10l

Today I received the this amplifier and I had a small problem concerning to the sound.

I'm using the same speakers which are eminence alpha 12 and motorola piezo tweeters with 40 years old philips midrage and crossovers.

When I'm comparing the sound between a Fisher amplifier with 5 band equalizer. The midrange and the treble of the yaqin is nicer but the bass seems to be flat compared to the fisher amplifier.

What can I do to improve this valve amplifier. The valves are factory default that are provided from the factory.

Thanks Alot and Best Regards

the valves are the sound in a tube amp. and since chinese tubes are the cheapest with the worst sound, i think you have pleasant surprises waiting for you as you start upgrading the tubes. my mingda 84a sounded painfully harsh at the start but turned into magic once i replaced all the tubes with nos mullards.

...but the bass seems to be flat compared to the fisher amplifier....

Hi,

how about your Fisher amplifier, are you sure it doesn't have some kind of 'Loudness control', a bass compensation at low volumes built in?

I found a very nice review by a guy on the following link:
AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Yaqin MC-10L mk II: It's here!
and from what I could read is it goes down quite deep.

According to PreSapians comment Chinese tubes being bad I just recently read somewhere they do have some good tubes too.
I don't know what tubes the Yaqin amp comes with but some Chinese eBay tube amps have Russian Harmonix tubes.

EDIT: Found another interesting link, this is a good read if you want to roll tube! :)
http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/tubes/messages/22/223047.html

Cheers Michael

Last edited:
Well I have tried the fisher with the loudness control on because it sounds more beautiful for my ears. I'm using the same speakers and the same source.

Tomorrow I will try it again but the fisher without loudness control. I think that with out loudness controll it will have better bass the yaqin but I didn't noticed that little bass boost is extened and not naturally like the yaqin.

What I wished was a Valve amplifier with tone controls like the guitar valve amplifiers. Is there any valve equalizer to put between the amplifier and the cd player?

Today I have tried the amplifier but this time with a different cd disc. The fault was that I didn't noticed that the song had some distortion and on the valve will result more. Not a distortion that you will hear it but a kind of unbalance modern music that will result into distortion.

Today I have played a musical song only and the result was very nice. I have played it with the factory default valves and had a nice result. In the future I will try it will other 6l6's valves.

Today I have tried the amplifier but this time with a different cd disc. The fault was that I didn't noticed that the song had some distortion and on the valve will result more. Not a distortion that you will hear it but a kind of unbalance modern music that will result into distortion.

Today I have played a musical song only and the result was very nice. I have played it with the factory default valves and had a nice result. In the future I will try it will other 6l6's valves.

• After prolonged deliberations and a couple of weeks of intense study at some Danish and international forums, I chosen to bye a YAQIN MC-10L from Tube Amp / DJ Tech online shop - EL34, KT88, 300B, 845, 2A3, Valve, Amplifier, CD Player to 299th - £ = 2600 Dkr. incl. airplane shipping to Denmark.

I must say that their service is on very high and highly professional level.
    The seller did made a fictitious invoice for USD160 and sent it as a gift.
    The day after I had paid, I received an email from a seller with 4 pictures of the package with the package label, invoice and everything ...
    Later that day there came a mail "in Danish" from UPS China containing track & trace number and a date of expected delivery.

5 days later it was at my address without any extra payment :)

Out of the box the sound was a bit metallic and irritating, and after 2 days came the preamp tubes I ordered in Latvia.
    It sounds very lifted and removed a lot of hot midrange and made the bottom more cash, but it was as if the bass could not quite follow the "read sounded somewhat muddy"

2 days ago so the the output I had ordered in Ukraine, and WOOOOOOUUUU, I can not get his arms down ...

What a difference, the bass is now more than magic, even when I play at low power, and then it can now play at full speed without distortion.
    Sounds really good now at the old Sweedish RAUNA NJORD Concrete speakers from 1983 with my Harman Kardon CD player.

(And yes, I did remembered to adjust the BIAS in the Chinese tubes) 35mA and 50mA at 6P3S-E :)

Replaced the 4 preamp tubes with 4 X 6N1P-EV which I had read is some really good tubes...
    6N1P, 6N1PVI, 6N1PEV (6H1n, 6H1nBN, 6H1nEB)

and 4 X output tubes 6P3S-E as they say suggests most NOS and other more expensive tube with several lengths, and tested by several others in some MC-10L
    6P3S, 6P3S-E

I had a set of Winged = C = SED Svetlana EL34 tubes (Price 1080 Dkr.) from half past eleven to noon, but they had to give way to 4 paragraphs 6P3S-Es to 24 - $ from Ukraine.

And then I looked over the schem "and below" through with my TUBE GURO which recommend that I do as written here.:

Much more lively it will sound when you change the resistor of the global feedback to something from 22k two 40k from 5.1k.
    But be aware there are High Voltage of about 440V nearby!!
    Install a lttle trimmer of 20-50k in series with the 5.1k and go up until the sound is the best for you (and your speakers).
    Then put in a metal film resistor 1W of the measured value of the trimmer in place where the 5.1k resides .- You will not bother about tube rolling or changing caps any more!

• I got my tubes from here

http://cgi.ebay.com/6P3S-E-6L6GC-58...ptZVintage_Electronics_R2?hash=item3caa6ab1c8

6N1P-EV

RCA Tube items - Get great deals on GE Tube, Sylvania Tube items on eBay.com!

You can save some $ on combine shipping by bying them from the same shop

6P3S-E

http://cgi.ebay.com/6P3S-E-5881-6L6...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45f064fa59

6N1P-EV

http://cgi.ebay.com/6N1P-EV-6DJ8-EC...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4399cb018a

Also the 6L6 can be used in this amp I been told :)

• Had the cover of today, to see what really was below the 3 large transformer covers. To my great astonishment, I must break down and admit that everything I've read so far about these Chinese amps, with getoblaster trafo not quite hold true in this case.

Neither resembles some of what I've seen on previous models, and can only rejoice that the 23 kg it weighs, obviously lies hidden in the 3 large and beautiful transformer that fills the houses well and thoroughly.

I'm still more than very pleased with the amplifier, which still surprises me ...

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
I got the YAQIN MC-10L and after 60 hours of burn-in It's sounding much smoother than at first.

Also, to my pleasant surprise it has indeed a 240v power supply, even after 10+ hours of play the covers on the PS are just warm

I replaced the Chinese tubes that came with it after the first hour for all Russian NOS valves, 6P3S-E and for the pre section 6N1P (USSR-75).

Hey Guys, watch with the 6P3S-E valves as the MC10-L uses around 450V B+ supply. See the limiting values for Anode and 2nd Grid volts.

Limited operating values:
Type 6P3S 6P3S-E
Anode voltage, V 375
2nd grid voltage, V 300

The EL34 limiting values are-
Anode voltage, V 800
2nd grid voltage, V 425

Take care with your Tube rolling!
Also our ears are different and what one thinks is a good sound may not be to others and vice versa. My own likes? 6N1-P Svetlana Golds and 6CA7's by Electro Harmonix .

Well you won't find a Williamson type in the mC10L for the price you are paying but as an entry level amplifier it is more than adequate. You only have to read the testimonials to discover that most owners are more than happy with the results they get. And let's not forget the speakers here, without good speakers even a Williamson amplifier would be denied giving its best.

Well I am not interested in copyright for this and other similar things I have put together. In the present format anybody on the Forum can delete or add parts as they wish. For example, folks with the later version amplifier may want to take some new photos to change the present layout. If I posted in pdf it becomes one of those 'print screen and paste' chores :).
My guide for the Teac A3440 took far longer than this one, that was a real labour of love and is yet to be enhanced once I get the kitchen table cleared and I start taking some measurements. My original brief was to get something produced such that if a Forum member had a component burn out on the Yaqin, the information would hopefully allow component identification and replacement, particularly as information on this amplifier is scant. The only official thing I found previous was a circuit diagram done on graph paper which had stupid errors!
Les

Well I am not interested in copyright for this and other similar things I have put together. In the present format anybody on the Forum can delete or add parts as they wish. For example, folks with the later version amplifier may want to take some new photos to change the present layout. If I posted in pdf it becomes one of those 'print screen and paste' chores :).

Sorry I did not realise it was supposed to be a writeable document! The (read only) advantage of PDF is that it is supported by a huge number of devices, the disadvantage of Microsoft Word (Version ??) .doc is that it isn't, although my version of OpenOffice did eventually manage to open it.

You may find ODF a better format for writeable stuff, supported by everyone in the universe except for Microsoft. Microsoft do not support it because it's supported by everyone (else) in the universe and being touchy feely is not what monopolies do...they do import it of course though! ODF rocks, and is the standard format of most/every non-microsoft office suite now.