Test & Measurement interface for Soundcard - Page 40 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th December 2010, 09:18 PM   #391
AndrewL is offline AndrewL  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi Walter, no I just turned the pot labeled R25 until it zero'd, no extra magic....sorry I can't be of more help
Old 16th December 2010, 09:22 PM   #392
diyAudio Member

Just a thought, did you set the switch SW2 to ground when you tried to zero? I assume that's the right thing to do...it seemed to make sense to me, anyway.

Andrew
Old 16th December 2010, 09:22 PM   #393
VT67 is offline VT67  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Bummer, must be the superb matching job of your toddler than

Yes it was switched to ground when I did the regulation.

Walter
Old 24th December 2010, 02:04 PM   #394
VT67 is offline VT67  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Ordered a new DC-DC convertor just to see if I maybe can get the DC offset a bit lower.

Regards
Old 1st January 2011, 12:36 AM   #395
diyAudio Member

What sort of behaviour should I expect when using a floating sig gen to calibrate the SC Interface?

Basically, I have been trying calibrate the meter using a sine wave from a sig gen set against a second 'known' meter. The sig gen is directly connected to the SC Interfaces' Input with a BNC lead, the sig gen has a floating output.

On the 200mV range, both floating and grounded, I get a sensible reading, its a little higher on the floating setting. However, when I move to the 2v range I only get a sensible reading when the input is grounded. When it floats I get an over-reading (the meter says 1 on the leftmost digit all others are blank). I measured the input to the meter chip at about 600mV DC (measuring pin 1 on the AD536 chip).

I wasn't expecting this, have a bug or am I misunderstanding what should happen in this instance, i.e two floating devices? At this junture in the morning its quite possible I'm being dense.

I should report that the input capacitors I used (they fit fine by the way) the output is 0.3db down at 10Hz.

Andrew

Last edited by AndrewL; 1st January 2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 10th January 2011, 07:06 PM   #396
diyAudio Member

Well it goes

I ended up shielding the upper and lower case with copper tape and placing a grounding lug on the back panel just to the left side of the TRS jacks. I then connected both upper and lower shields and shaft of SW4 to the ground lug.

With this separately grounded to earth I get very reasonable results and no sign of 50Hz

TDH = 0.0005%

Not quite as good as some others, but not bad, that at 20hz to 90kHz with the resolution set to just below 1Hz.

There's some artifacts creeping in at 30-ish Hz and then closer to 15 and 20kHz. I intended trying again to see if these were in the environment or my s/w configuration.

Thanks Pete a very enjoyable project and I am looking forward to putting it to use.

Andrew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1_09jan.jpg (138.7 KB, 388 views)
Old 11th March 2011, 02:34 PM   #397
diyAudio Member

I am building this interesting interface but I am not able to find a part of it.

Or better Digi-key is out of stock and they have not a date for the connector SAM1224-15-ND ( Samtek SSQ-115-02-T-D-RA ); they say that Samtek don't know when they will can deliver them ...

Somebody know where to buy it or if exists something of equivalent to replace it?

Thanks and regards.

Marco
Old 11th March 2011, 05:49 PM   #398
claudio is offline claudio  Italy
diyAudio Member

Hi Marco,
I found it at a local store: it had more pins, but cutting out the excess holes solved the problem.

Ciao,
Claudio
Old 11th March 2011, 05:56 PM   #399
diyAudio Member

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for your answer, infact searching carefully I have found at Distrelec the part "121600" that is 36x2, more long like you say, but almost identical ...

Cutting it, probably I should have two of what I need

Marco
Old 11th March 2011, 06:07 PM   #400
claudio is offline claudio  Italy
diyAudio Member

Not very cheap, at Distrelec.
When cutting, leave a row in excess on each side, for safety.
The extra space won't be a problem when placing the connector in the case.

Claudio

Hide this!Advertise here!