Test & Measurement interface for Soundcard

I suggest that instead of removing D10/12, D11 / D12 be replaced by a string of 1N4148 diodes the number of is suitably selected to put the protection limit closer to the full scale voltage of the soundcard YOU are using.

Note: I got better THD (flatter increase) vs frequency by using THAT parts for the line recievers/drivers) (see posts a few pages back)

Did you mean replace D11 / D13?

Here are some amp measurements before I static shocked my 2i2 to death :/ This is an emotiva Mini-X A-100 at -3db from max output, about 26 WPC @ 8 ohms

USB vs Battery power

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• bat.png
    bat.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,249
  • usb.png
    usb.png
    106.7 KB · Views: 1,253
Last edited:
About the lamps.
The link does not work (anymore), and so I think you must mean these:
12V Microlamps (2-Pack)
Model: 272-109, Catalog #: 2721092

I have some X-Mass ornament micro lamps left and will try those.
Tks!

I just switched these to xmas lights since they're meant for 120v and I didn't realize I grabbed the 12V lamps from radio shack... not that I think it will make a terrible difference, but I was curious.. They both end up measuring the same.

I just switched these to xmas lights since they're meant for 120v and I didn't realize I grabbed the 12V lamps from radio shack... not that I think it will make a terrible difference, but I was curious.. They both end up measuring the same.

Make sure you use 120V bulbs... low-voltage bulbs have such low resistance that they won't provide any overvoltage protection.

Pete

Hallodeletue, I see from your picture that you use little circuit boards with chips on them in place of the input resistors. Can you share that circuit with us? Is it better/equal to using lamps?

I also see a mod north of the DC-DC convertor, probably dealing with the DC input voltage. Care to share that with us?

Tks,
Paul