• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

AnalogMetric 6L6GC SE amp kit...thoughts about this kit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I recently found this rather inexpensive kit on the internet. Using their parts it appears it could be built for around $400 and some change. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this circuit or kit. I was thinking of point to point cloning it mostly b/c I have many of the parts on hand. I would love to have a comment from someone who has actually hearn this amp.
Thanks,
Jeff

Link to the amp kit webpage:
6L6 SE Tube Power Amplifier (2 Channel) DIY Kit_Power Amp DIY Kit_Tube Amplifier Kit_Analog Metric DIY Audio Kit Online Store

Attachments

• 1196496457579659837.jpg
    1196496457579659837.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 341
Quick correction....the total using their parts (amp module/PCB, OPTs, Power trafo, and choke) ordered from the website altogether totals right at $330. This includes all of the tubes too. All that appears to be required to build it is a chassis, wire, and RCA, Pot, Binders, etc....I roughly estimated about $100 more for the additional stuff if kept to reasonably priced midrange quality parts.
I do have a hard time believing their $60 per pair of 10W SE OPTs will sound very good.
Jeff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.