Philips console unit with reverb! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st November 2009, 04:07 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Philips console unit with reverb!

Built around 1961 this $10 purchase held a little surprise - a reverb unit! As in play-that-guitar-with-some-vibrato reverb unit! The reverb spring unit itself has Hammond organ branding on it, and a control unit using an EF80 and a pair of 12AX7s is connected.

I have NO idea how this works. Any clues from the guitar guys?
Old 1st May 2013, 12:32 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default reverb

Hi aardvarkash10, even if it come three years too late:
A friend of mine just take a Philips reverb stereo console, for a similar amount of money you paid. The unit got a lever (!?!) control for the reverb, It's probably older than yours, speakers are frontal, side, an down firing, for a total of seven drivers.
Sadly it's a transformerless circuit, and the speakers are most probably 800 ohm units, I'll check this, next week end. Output tubes are UL84 40volt/100mA filaments.
I'm posting you the circuit, just in case the reverb unit have some similarities with the one you got.
link:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzwi...it?usp=sharing

Hide this!Advertise here!