Tubelab Simple SE v.2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st October 2009, 03:38 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Tubelab Simple SE v.2

Well I have had this little project going on for some time now just have not finished it. Really what is left are all the little things. I am still trying to decide if I want to use the 2 mono Goldpoint attenuators I have or the alps potentiometer. I guess using dual mono attenuators wouldn't be too bad, just have to remember to turn the other side up as well.

I just dont feel like drilling holes in the chassis until I have everything on hand. Most of what I have left is aesthetics, which to some doesn't matter but I would like it to look as good as it sounds.

I realize this thing is excessively large and the capacitors used are probably way overboard lol but I had these and I wanted to build an electrolyticless Simple SE. Alright here is the photo. The transformers haven't been mounted yet but they will be mounted above the chassis as well. Keep in mind this is just mocked up for now hence the bolts and undrilled ventilation etc.

Click the image to open in full size.
Really what is left is finding knobs for the front that look halfway decent. I have a couple of large ones that measure 2" diameter and around 3" tall but they really stick out off the chassis.

Last edited by nic6paul; 31st October 2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 31st October 2009, 06:19 PM   #2
Glowbug is offline Glowbug  United States
diyAudio Member

Sweet
Old 31st October 2009, 08:15 PM   #3
syyma is offline syyma  United States
diyAudio Member

Nice.
I'm thinking about to converts my Simple SE to an integrated. Please let us know how a electrolyticless Simple SE sounds?

Sid
Old 1st November 2009, 12:59 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syyma View Post
Nice.
I'm thinking about to converts my Simple SE to an integrated. Please let us know how a electrolyticless Simple SE sounds?

Sid
I will let you know. I still need to swipe the transformers off my other amp to try this thing out.

Hide this!Advertise here!