• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tubelab build selector switch question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got the DPDT switches to use as a selector switch on my next Simple SE's.
In order to figure out which connectors are what, I put a ohm meter on them and came up with 1.2 ohms when in position 1 and about 18 ohms in the other position (measuring other tabs)
Is this acceptable?
Will it reduce the output for one cd player vs. the other?
Thanks,
Paul

I'm a little confused here... 1.2 ohm in position 1 and 18 ohm in position 2? If you are measuring across the switch, you should see 0-ish ohm (1.2 is fine) in position 1 and infinity in position 2. If you measure 18 ohms in position 2, I'd say the switch is broken. I interpret "position 1" as "input 1 selected" and "position 2" as "input 2 selected".

If you are comparing two different switch pairs of the same component, I'd say that a 10x variation is kinda crappy, but as long as the contact is ohmic (i.e. not a semiconductor contact) you should be fine. The input impedance of the SimpleSE is on the order of 470 kOhm if I recall correctly, so the slight difference in source impedance from the different switch pairs won't matter much.

~Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.