• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Point to point, from scatch build of the K-12G

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, Just finished my "from Scratch" build of the K-12G. I gought the K-502 kit some time back and I loved it so much, when I realized I had most of the parts for a "from scratch" build of the cousin K-12G, I went for it. This is a sloppy photo from an Iphone, I will post better when I get my camera back from my wife.

It uses 2 Eico HF-81 OPTs, an Edcor XPWR (025 i think) with 180-0V and 11.6V secondaries. The main power filter caps are Rifa 330uF with a Solen 24uF as the final stage befor the preamp connection. I also used all Wima MKP4 0.22uF coupling caps. The resistors are an assortment of Holco, Stackpole, and Dale. Rectifier done with 4 IXYS freds bypassed with 0.33 TI polys (what I had on hand). The Chassis is Oak and Madera with a scrolled finish aluminum plate for the tubes. I haven't put it on the scope yet but it sounds much better than the K-502 which had all of Voltseconds mods sans the CCS. I presume it sounds better b/c of the OPTs.

I have a scope and a signal generator that was given to me but, I really don't know how to use it fully yet. I have a friend who is going to help me (right Bruce, if your seeing this?) scope it out.

To the right of the K-12G is one of my KT88 Oddblocks and, behind them both is the rear of the K-502 (if you were wondering).

Jeff Miller
Lawton, OK

Attachments

• 10GV8 K12G(fore) & KT88 Oddblock(right).jpg
    10GV8 K12G(fore) & KT88 Oddblock(right).jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 131
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.