• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Thank you DIY Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

OK,

First of all thank you all for support, advice, guidance on all my projects over the past many months. Not the prettiest setup and still a work in progress but what you see is the Tubelab Simple SE(James6123hs Gold Lion reissue KT88), Aikido 5687, and RJM 6DJ8 phono stage along side a vintage Technics SL1300 with an AT15SA cartridge. I tube rolled the 6CG7s and the 6DJ8s and I think it sounds even better. The bass seems to have improved somewhat.

Also not pictured here are a pair of FOnkens with Fostex FE127E (self EnABL'd) courtesy of BudP and Planet10. Also - heresy for this forum - an LM3886 gainclone courtesy of chipamp.com to perform the silicone amp duty...

I must say that I can not be happier with the results of everything I have built thus far. Truly fun and rewarding. I am spinning some Boards of Canada on vinyl right now and it sounds supreme(running the SimpleSE right now)

Next up, I think will be a 41Hz AMP10 class D amp just for ***** and giggles.

Cheers!
Carl

Last edited by a moderator:
FOnken pics...Note..I did not do the trifoil pattern mainly because I did the modpodge before I fully understood what the sequence was. Still I am VERY happy with the results. We all know it is hard to describe the before EnABL and after EnABL characteristics but suffice it to say there is a difference and it makes an overall better listening experience.
IMG00034.jpg

IMG00035.jpg

Thanks for the post. I just received my Bottlehead Quickie that is my first for yer into Tubes. My next tube project is going be either a Tubelab Build or Pete Millett's Engineer Amp. This disease is worse than my other one which is Fly Fishing.

Cheers, Alan

I would be a little careful with the cabinet doors. All those tubes get rather toasty, especially if there is no airflow around them. I would make sure you keep the doors open, and remember that as long as a class A amp is powered up, it is dissipating heat.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.