• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6X5GT PS Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm Building an Amp with a 6X5GT PS. It has 114v at Pins 3 & 5, which is Right, and it's a CLCRC Supply...But it has -.8v at Pin 8...I've tried 3 other Rectifiers, but they all show -.8v at Pin 8....Are my Pin-Outs Wrong??...The Heaters Glow, so at least they're Pinned Right???...

Your pin outs are correct. Pin 8 is the cathode and you should have around +150VDC unloaded with respect to DC return/ground. Either all 3 tubes have an open cathode connection, which is unlikely, or your tube socket isn't making a connection at pin 8. Check that very carefully.
Is this a full wave with a center tapped transformer?

Last edited:
Oh Well, Live and Learn...It would seem that I've totally Screwed the Poodle on this project...I tried to do the Back to Back 12.6v CT RS Transformer Trick..But I only have 114v between Pins 3 & 5.....Nothing between either of those and Ground...It really looks Nice & Glows Pretty though...

How's this for Form Over Function? Maybe I can put a Diode Rectifier inside, and just keep the Heaters on the 6X5G?....

Attachments

• 6DJ8 Phono Amp.JPG
    6DJ8 Phono Amp.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 238
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.