• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

SE 833A Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Gents,

I would like to do a DIY monoblock SE with the following config:
833A or C /Kt88 or 300B / WE437 or 6C45. (150wpc) somebody has the schematics of the circuits and the power supply.
I hear that is not so easy and very dangerous, also im from Chile which difficults the things a little bit. therefore I will need to import a few things, therefore if also somebody has the picking list, will be also much appreciate.
Other things Wavac schems are the best for this or is somenthing better.

please advice and sorry for bother the comunity, I been searching the net without much success

Further info

Gents,

what do you think about this config for myproject 833A/C config(Class A single end):
833A/C,12AX7*1,6SN7*1,6V6*1 per chanel/monoblock
Max Output power:100W*2
Frequency Response:20-20KHz
Distortion:≤1%
Signal to noise ratio:≥80dB
Input sensitivity:700mV
Input impedance:100KΩ
Output impedance:4Ω/8Ω
Weight:80KG each monoblock

Pros and Cons more than welcome, also how much should cost somenthing like that

Jesus

The 833.........

This is going to cost you the price of a very nice new car.
The transformers alone will most likely be custom made, will cost at least a thousand US Dollars each and you will need several of them in all configurations.
This type of amp is only for the VERY experienced builder and asking a rookie to try it is like asking a regular fellow to jump into a Formula One car & go race it.
_________________________________________________________Rick......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.