• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

#26 pre amp

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Also, make a frequency sine sweep with the generator - from 1K to 100K Hz - and look for variations in the level of the output. Usually there is a resonance around 50KHz.

Sinus 50KHz loaded with 100K

Attachments

• DSC00303.jpg
    DSC00303.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 280
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Attached schematic how I wired the Lundhals LL1660, help will welcome?

I don't know if it matters, but I think you have the outputs the wrong way round on the LL1660. Plus should go to plus.

Have you got a 150v glow tube e.g. 0D3 from B+ to ground? As in my schematic? If you do and you have the DN2540 set for 32.5 to 35mA, then the 0D3 should light up pink and you can only have 150v on the top of the LL1660 and 145v on the plate. Follow the schematic and the voltages should be correct!

Your wiring diagram for the LL1660 is fine - doesn't really matter that the output is reversed or not. If you have wired the LL1660 as in your schematic it will be correct.

I asked Thomas Mayer aka Vinylsavor about Lundhals wiring, attached the correct wiring for next diyers.

So all measurements were taken with swapped the polarity at the output:eek:

Attachments

• Lundahl LL1660 for #26.jpg
    Lundahl LL1660 for #26.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 331
It doesnt matter. The thing is that your 26 preamp is an anode follower, and anode followers inverts the signal. That means that what is going out from your anode is an inverted signal from that of your source. As long as you do the same on both channels, there is no difference for the measures or the following amplifier.

If your scope has two channels you can put a sine on the input and measure input and output signals simultaneus. If the two sines has their tops on the same vertical line, your output is the same polarity as your signal. But, as I said, it really doesnt matter.

Last edited: