• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

#26 pre amp

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Just finished mine, tomorrow will be the great day to hear it, attached some pics just for fun. Finally and due to limited space inside the lineamp I used CCS+Gyrator courtesy of Ikoflexer also for same reason in place of Thomas Mayer TVCs I used a pot 100K log Noble, all RCA connectors are rodhium plated, all AC & DC connectors are Powercon & Speakcon, heaters regs are Rod Coleman used the chassis as heatsink, sockets are teflon Yamamoto, rectifier valve AZ1 and #26 are Cunningham waiting one globe Cunningham because one bought in ebay was spoilt it was not working the heaters. Waiting you will enjoy.

Attachments

• DSC00253.jpg
    DSC00253.jpg
    590.9 KB · Views: 376
  • DSC00254.jpg
    DSC00254.jpg
    530.3 KB · Views: 348
  • DSC00255.jpg
    DSC00255.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 321
  • DSC00256.jpg
    DSC00256.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 308
Just finished mine, tomorrow will be the great day to hear it, attached some pics just for fun. Finally and due to limited space inside the lineamp I used CCS+Gyrator courtesy of Ikoflexer also for same reason in place of Thomas Mayer TVCs I used a pot 100K log Noble, all RCA connectors are rodhium plated, all AC & DC connectors are Powercon & Speakcon, heaters regs are Rod Coleman used the chassis as heatsink, sockets are teflon Yamamoto, rectifier valve AZ1 and #26 are Cunningham waiting one globe Cunningham because one bought in ebay was spoilt it was not working the heaters. Waiting you will enjoy.

Very Nice Filipe,
I like the slim looks, and the aluminum mounts on the tubes bases!

What about the sound? Do you fill the tubes are microphonic?

Enjoy your build.
Cheers.

Nice!

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Very Nice Filipe,
I like the slim looks, and the aluminum mounts on the tubes bases!

What about the sound? Do you fill the tubes are microphonic?

Enjoy your build.
Cheers.

Thank guys, before the hear the preamp I measured this morning feeding a sinus 1kHz and the result are not OK, attached pics, help will welcome.

TIA
Felipe

Attachments

• DSC00263.jpg
    DSC00263.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC00262.jpg
    DSC00262.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC00261.jpg
    DSC00261.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC00260.jpg
    DSC00260.jpg
    516.3 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC00259.jpg
    DSC00259.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC00258.jpg
    DSC00258.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC00257.jpg
    DSC00257.jpg
    567.7 KB · Views: 298

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
You have both a gyrator AND an output transformer? Ouch! I'd use either the gyrator with the output provided via a 4-6uF capacitor, or the output transformer. But not both. If you keep the output transformer then you need to make sure the supply voltage is appropriate so you get the 150V on the 26 plate.

1st pic is the sinusoidal measured directly by the scope. Second & third pictures are or better have to be 1Khz sinusoidal output left & right channel:(

Something is very wrong. Looks like serious oscillation. Be careful not to toast any tubes!
Listen to IKO.
I use the SSHV2 directly to the output transformer, and there is no problem.