• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

#26 pre amp

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Installed several CRC PI filters to drop the AC ripple.

Attachments

• 26 CRCRCRCRC.png
    26 CRCRCRCRC.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 112

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Try this using the meter: measure AC input voltage. Should be 220V or whatever is the voltage in your country (use extreme caution when doing this and read up on tube safety guides here and elsewhere). Then using the same setting on the meter, clip it to the output RCA. What do you measure? This is ultimately what goes out of the preamp. The gyrator has very good supply ripple rejection.
If you want to know what your PS is doing and compare to the sim, then clip it to the gyrator B+ input and see what it shows.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I have two valve with high difference in the anode current, one with 3mA & the other 6mA (bias set to 120V B+ and -9V), I'm using filament bias & want to know what's the best approach to match both 26?

1-The tube with anode-current high reducing the B+ to get 5mA & increase the B+ of the tube with anode-current low to 5mA.
2-Look for another tube to match same or similar anode-current.

TIA

K & K Audio

Welcome!

You are here: Home

Notice:​

After 20+ years as the US distributor of Lundahl transformers, I have decided to retire to focus my time on enjoying life with my family.
Effective immediately, please contact Holger Schaarsmidt at erhardaudio@gmail.com for any transformer order inquiries.

It has been my pleasure getting to know all the great customers over the years! I will miss you all.
Kevin
Please contact us for any questions.

Sorry to report,

Best,

Robert