• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

#26 pre amp

Last photos of my implementation: The Supply Chassis!

Final result: Incredible clear #D presentation, dead quite with virtual zero noise on the speakers (even with your ear deep inside the mid/woofers).

I am very happy, the final result is really impressive.
Thanks to all (Thomas, Ale, Kevin and Rod) for your strong help and support.

Hi Rui,
Glad to see that the effort paid back and it sounds as good as it looks! Congratulations for such a fantastic build.
Ale

Hello,

Just almost done gathering parts for my build. My PSU chassis is a little narrow so I include a pic(1st pic)here. The main chassis has the CCS/Shunt Regulator on board. I am a little worried about the cramp/tight layout I have on the PSU chassis. All trafo without covers, SS rectifier-filter boards, and capacitor banks will be mounted on the underside of the top plate of course. Any comments appreciated, thank you.

Abe

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Hi Rui!

Congratulations. Looks awsome!

Ikoflexer (thank you) told me that I need to feed the primary of an output transformer through a capacitor of the maximum quaility (parafeed), how much capacitance be rated having in mind that I use Lundhals LL1660 as OPTs?

Not necessary to run these in parafeed

Thomas

Last edited: