• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Vintage RCA amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone interested in these? or have some good info?
I am in Chicago

Feel free to email me nathanshort(at)gmail

Attachments

• RCA AMPS SMALL.jpg
    RCA AMPS SMALL.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 266
  • RCA LABEL SMALL.jpg
    RCA LABEL SMALL.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 249
I have only fired up the little guy. I had them recapped and NOS tubes bought from a guy that repairs pre WW2 radios for a living. Most of the tubes were fine, he only had to find me 3 replacements. Heavy heavy amps.

I used to leave the final output tubes out so no one could turn them on without a load and burn them up.

If anyone wants these I am entertaining offers. They are in GREAT shape. I just have them in climate controlled storage now that I have moved to a smaller place...

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
eBay would seem to be the natural venue for selling these. I have noticed a lot of ads for RCA cinema gear in particular in the back of Japanese MJ audio magazines. It might not be too unreasonable to require the ultimate buyer to arrange for crating and shipping.

As to what they are worth I have no idea, why not let the market decide? Set a reserve price at the minimum selling price you consider acceptable.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.