• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

GU29 damaged

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just received a pair of GU29 for my ampli, and... give a look to the photo :eek:

It's chernobyl!!!

35jxl4y.jpg

audioromy FU20 worth buy it ?

what about the sound of those FU29 amp/ chinese amp .

I'm really interested to buy one considering the price and specifications.... but it's difficult to find feedback about them.

The amp would be used with a lowther (full range) in a mauhorn iv enclosure.

Therefore thanks for your opinions !

what about the sound of those FU29 amp/ chinese amp .

I'm really interested to buy one considering the price and specifications.... but it's difficult to find feedback about them.

The amp would be used with a lowther (full range) in a mauhorn iv enclosure.

Therefore thanks for your opinions !

Good sound. I have modified the power supply and the four caps with four soviet PETP. The original tubes are craps. Change them asap

I just got an Audioromy FU29 which was advertised by it's seller as being a SINGLE ENDED amp. I dug around in the thing and from my ohmmeter it sure looks like the 2 plates of the 829 are at opposite ends of the output transformer primary winding, with B+ fed to the tube via the center tap. That is a classic PUSH-PULL topology- NOT single ended!!!!!

Anybody here have any comment?

(It's a nice sounding amp, really, but it's advertised as SINGLE ENDED and it appears it is actually PUSH PULL!)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.