• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

PSUD2 questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know this probably isn't an easy one, two question to answer but....can anybody give me a fairly straight forward approach to calcuating the "load" resistance you use to run the calculations. For instance, I am buiding a fairly simple preamp using a single 5687 tube and I wanted to use this program to design a PSU....but I would't know the load resiator value to inpt into the program. I iagine if I am using 2 sides foe stereo then part of the value will be 1/2 the plate resistance at my voltage, but what about any other resistances in the circuit....do you just add them up? Th 5687 tube has a plate resistance of about 3000 at 250v as I recall, so two of these in parallel would be a resistance of 1500. WHAT ABOUT THE PLATE RESISTORS TOO? DO YOU JUST ADD THOSE IN TOO? these are 10k, so would it be the same...add 1/2 of this to the 1500 which equals 7500. Is there any thing else I am missing.
Thanks,
Jeff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.