• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Monarch STA-100X Refurb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently grabbed on to a Monarch STA-100X AM-FM stereo receiver. It's a fairly simple, low end mid-60's metal box using a 6AQ8 and 2 X 6BQ5 single ended outputs. You know how a lot of Fleabay adds talk about their items being used in a non-smoking environment? Not this one... After a session with Mr. Simple Green and a brush and soft cloth, the thing will shed its nicotine haze and look fairly decent.The top needs to be wire brushed and repainted, as it's a bit scratched up.

Obvious other measures are a re-cap, as the electrolytics are older than a lot of the members of this forum. Anyway, does anyone have a lead as to where I could look for a manual? I want to cast a beady eye on the phono amp, the tone controls, and the power amp, as I can likely do a few things to improve them. An RH-84 type output amp comes to mind, for example. I suspect the same people made this as made my Lafayette amplifier, as the components and construction look similar.

I'll probably set this one aside for awhile after I clean it up, as I have a host of projects ahead of it. However, I want to be thinking about what I can do for it. Schematics?

There is an entity in Manila that purports to stock a soft copy of the manual, but I don't trust them enough to give them my CC number. If they took Paypal, I'd go for it.
I hear ya. Maybe one of the download services have a copy. Plus I'll try Tom Bavis over at AK to see if there was ever a SM printed by SAMS. I'll find you if I find one and vice-versa??
Thanks
WOT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.