• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Just tested the new E183CC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mounted on Audioromy 828. I have just rewired the filament e nothing else.

In the next days more infos...

Attachments

• fu291.gif
    fu291.gif
    69.7 KB · Views: 400
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I'm interested as I have an amp using ECC83 edicron, some actual mesurments showing performance improvment would be cool. Googled this supposed drop in replacement but could only find absolute rubbish about it been "faster" and more "transparent".

The E813CC is slightly more microphonic compared with the Mullard ,Some of the improvement in speed and quality can be put down to the very low inter electrode capacitance, typically half that of the Mullard, but I don't believe this to be the whole story. The unique construction and planar technology has a positive effect on the way the valve handles the job of amplifying the signal.

full story http://www.proteusaudiodevelopment.com/techtube.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

nicoch46 said:
The E813CC is slightly more microphonic compared with the Mullard ,Some of the improvement in speed and quality can be put down to the very low inter electrode capacitance, typically half that of the Mullard, but I don't believe this to be the whole story. The unique construction and planar technology has a positive effect on the way the valve handles the job of amplifying the signal.

full story http://www.proteusaudiodevelopment.com/techtube.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

In this application microphonicity near to zero.

Wavebourn said:
Still no technical comparison, just "Two times better speed and transparency of the sound". How do they measure speed and transparency of the sound? I want to smoke the same... :cool:

With one of the best instruments on the market: a pair of ears
:D

12xx7 tubes

:bigeyes:
Looks promising for the 12XX7 users, Nice to have some new mfg's on the open market, I for one won't start complaining new tubes builders are coming to market with goods to share, and very nicely said "Human Ears" the most sensitive test device there is.

who the hell in there right mind would cry:bawling: about new tubes to play with I'm sending away for some right now............. ty for the info, mark

:):bigeyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.