Fender Super Twin P Xformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone. Anyone know where I might be able to find a power transformer for a 1975 Fender Super Twin amp? I've looked around at about 10 different sites, and as this amp was only made for two years, '75 & '76, and was probably one of the worst-rated Fender amps, I am finding this a difficult challenge.

Any leads would be great. TIA

Jon

I don't know about an exact part, but I would expect that a Hammond 1650WA would do the trick. It's a 28lb monster though.

Uh, thanks, I think. This is a friend's amplifier, and as he may ultimately use it for playing shows, I doubt he'll want a "tumor" to lug around as well. The amp is rated at 180W out, so the 6 output tubes might start to sweat a little. I thought I had an electronic copy of the schem, but I'll have to rescan it.

Oh, wait... brainfart. I was thinking OUTPUT transformer. Sorry. Duh.

Regardless it would need a beast of a power transformer.

Well, the one on there is certainly a beast, but I wasn't about to weight it. :)
Seems all of the secondaries are sagging(500V is looking more like 407V) and I saw this on another Fender amp that I worked on about 6 years ago. I'll look into that transformer though, thanks for your help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.