Audio Research V70 mains transformer rewiring for 220 volts. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th August 2009, 07:22 PM   #1
muizel is offline muizel  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Audio Research V70 mains transformer rewiring for 220 volts.

Hello I have an arc V70 and it is imported from the USA the mains voltage is for 110 volts and over here we have 220 volts. I am operating this amp with an extra 220/110 volt transformer in between. Yesterday I had a look on the schematic for the arc classic 60 wich should be largely the same and I saw that the primary of the mains transformer has two 110 volt windings so a rewire for 220 volts should be possible now I hope that this is also possible for my V70 unfortunately there is no where a schematic to be found on the internet for the V70. I hope that there is someone to help me out on this one.

Thanks Rene.
Old 28th August 2009, 09:00 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

The easiest thing to do is email AR and ask them. But according to the unofficial Audio Researsh Data Base website power requirements: "105-125VAC 60Hz (210-250VAC 50Hz) 500 watts at rated output, 700 watts maximum, 370 watts at idle." So it would appear that it is dual voltage rated. Why don't you open it up and look at the power transformer connections or wires. If it's dual voltage, the two primaries should be in parallel for 110V.
"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when it's components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers. That is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." ~Stephen Hawking
Old 28th August 2009, 11:16 PM   #3
muizel is offline muizel  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowState View Post
The easiest thing to do is email AR and ask them. But according to the unofficial Audio Researsh Data Base website power requirements: "105-125VAC 60Hz (210-250VAC 50Hz) 500 watts at rated output, 700 watts maximum, 370 watts at idle." So it would appear that it is dual voltage rated. Why don't you open it up and look at the power transformer connections or wires. If it's dual voltage, the two primaries should be in parallel for 110V.
Hi Hollowstate,

Thanks for the reply and that is a very good suggestion tomorrow I will have a look inside, if ther are 2 primaries.

Thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!