Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

stereo SE kt88 build ... abdellah diyaudioprojects design
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th July 2016, 03:06 PM   #691
ta240 is offline ta240
Banned

I've got an issue with mine. It does great with most music but anything that has a lot of pretty continuous high notes, like pop where they just kind of fill in the background, I get a static sort of high pitch crackle sound with it. This morning it even did a completely separate crackle after the music.
On jazz or any other music that doesn't run a long stretch of higher notes it works flawlessly. The tubes have all been swapped out over time and it still does it.

Suggestions?
Old 18th January 2017, 12:22 PM   #692
bekim is offline bekim  Albania
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

Reviving this thread is a must :-) especially when help is required.

Question:
I can purchase OT Ra=5K I=200 mA and Power=30-40W for this design, and before i do that, will be any benefit if I connect two KT88 tubes in parallel (PSE) regarding output power?
Usually PSE OT for 2xKT88 Ra is 1.5kOhms. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 31st January 2018, 12:04 PM   #693
wdecho is offline wdecho  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta240 View Post
I've got an issue with mine. It does great with most music but anything that has a lot of pretty continuous high notes, like pop where they just kind of fill in the background, I get a static sort of high pitch crackle sound with it. This morning it even did a completely separate crackle after the music.
On jazz or any other music that doesn't run a long stretch of higher notes it works flawlessly. The tubes have all been swapped out over time and it still does it.

Suggestions?
Sounds like a bad connection somewhere or bad solder joint.
Old 31st January 2018, 12:07 PM   #694
wdecho is offline wdecho  United States
diyAudio Member

I just finished building a version of this amplifier with some bias changes to be able to use 6L6 tubes.

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Tubes/KT...-Amplifier.png

Great sounding amplifier. This amplifier is definitely a keeper of the more than 30 amplifier builds I have built.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1030755.JPG (543.1 KB, 156 views)
Old 9th February 2018, 10:09 PM   #695
ta240 is offline ta240
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdecho View Post
Sounds like a bad connection somewhere or bad solder joint.
I should have posted an update, that is exactly what it was. A bad solder join on one of the coupling capacitors.

stereo SE kt88 build ... abdellah diyaudioprojects designHide this!Advertise here!