• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Lost a channel in my TSE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I sat down tonight for some easy listening, powered on my TSE and there was an immediate pop on one of the speakers... Oh boy... then the other one powered up as normal.

Swapped the inputs, no joy. Hooked up my SSE and both speakers play. Haven't done anything else yet, but I will swap input tubes and the 300b's tomorrow early in the eve. All the heaters are glowing...

Any words of wisdom on what to look for (besides the obvious burnt resistor) in the signal path?

I really hope it's not a 300b... too pricey for me to replace right now.

Oh and what is with the head shot smiley? Pretty nasty for a smiley face...

Next time it happens take a look at the 300B filaments. If one is out, try wiggling it. Then check the solder on the sockets. If they look good, swap the tube again and see if the problem follows the tube. If it does, you can try to reflow the solder in the pins or if your warranty has not expired, get it replaced.

If the problem is not the tubes, use a plastic rod or something non-conductive and lightly prod at the components on the board to see if you can find the culprit. May be a cold solder joint or a short somewhere.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.