• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Fu29 & e813cc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The schematic diagram of this china amp is wrong! The first tube is the 6N2 and the second is 6N1 and there are some other small differences... argh! :mad:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Anyway, after some days playing, the new E813CC mounted on this ampli sounds very very good! It is a good tube! Microfonicity is near to zero...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Audioromy FU29

In researching this amp I stumbled on your post... please help me, so it looks that you're using 12ax7 as the middle tubes, is that correct? Did you had to change any wiring? and what about the outside tubes? Any recomendations? Really triying to change from the original 6N1- 6N2 tubes, and I too thought that the middle ones where the 6N1's! Really appreciate if you could clarify that!

Thanks
Tomas

You are right they shipped the ampli with tubes inverted :mad: Due a damaged socket I discover it late I made these pics sorry

To use 12AX7 you only need to rewire filaments

Attachments

• Senza nome.jpg
    Senza nome.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 555
Audioromy FU29 - NOT single ended

I just got an Audioromy FU29 which was advertised by it's seller as being a SINGLE ENDED amp. I dug around in the thing and from my ohmmeter it sure looks like the 2 plates of the 829 are at opposite ends of the output transformer primary winding, with B+ fed to the tube via the center tap. That is a classic PUSH-PULL topology- NOT single ended!!!!!

Anybody here have any comment?

(It's a decent sounding amp, in particular better low frequency performance than I expected; but it's advertised all over as a SINGLE ENDED AMP and it sure looks like it's a push-pull design.)

Last edited:
Paragon

You are right they shipped the ampli with tubes inverted :mad: Due a damaged socket I discover it late I made these pics sorry

To use 12AX7 you only need to rewire filaments

Dear Sir, I got one of the FU29 Amp for repairs, There has been a fire inside and ruined the driver boards> Would you have a PCB layout of the components or a PCB drawing . I am planning on making a new board. Hoping you could help me.Thx Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.