• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

New ebay record!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
In the early days the tube manufacturers inverted the half-finished tubes and dribbled really high quality sound into them before they were sealed up. It was the best sound ever contained in a tube. That e-bay price is cheap, 'cos tubes that good are worth millions.

: )

a happy symbiotic occurence gordy!

since recently the Gods have been making seriously under-powered brains for audiophools. The people these brains are fitted to can now be turned upside down and all the money in thier pockets falls out to pay for very ordinary items that have huge hype attached to them.

I've noticed a lot of sales out of Hong Kong and china seem to be off by a couple orders of magnitude.

A lot of their descriptions are off, like ebay item 120427368324 where an interstage transformers are listed as output transformers.

Got any 500 ohm speakers?

And, greetings all. I joined right before the upgrade and had trouble posting until now.

I've noticed a lot of sales out of Hong Kong and china seem to be off by a couple orders of magnitude.

A lot of their descriptions are off, like ebay item 120427368324 where an interstage transformers are listed as output transformers.

Got any 500 ohm speakers?

And, greetings all. I joined right before the upgrade and had trouble posting until now.

They are output transformers, for military tube radios. They are pretty narrow-band to use as interstage transformers for audio.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.