• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Can anyone give more info on this amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I am looking for a good el84/6bq5 schematic to build someday soon hopefully.
I have built 300b and 45's se before.
This Dynaco circuit looks easy to build, and similar to an st-35 that gets good word of mouth.
Anyone know the power output of this one, and the input tube it uses which isn't labled. Also whats with the 100 ohm resistor shown in the input tube?
Is this internal to the tube itself?
Any help greatly appreciated.
thanks,
mg16

EXCELLENT! Thanks very much

Thanks a ton.
I think I will make the feedback tank circuit either switch selectable or switchable varying from 0 to the value shown.
To do this, would I hold the fb cap fixed at .001 uf, and make the resistor variable from 0 to 1k, or would the cap have to vary with the 1k fb resistor?
The time constant is 1 us., should that remain constant?

thanks
mg16

You've got a lot of good choices. There's the dual triode input like the link to Ned's site above or like the fisher designs (SA-16 for example), then there are the pentode/triode designs which fall into two general catagories. The single triode like the dyna circuit and the heath circuits which use a single triode section as a split load inverter. Then there's the mullard 5-10 circuit witch uses a pair of triode sections as a long tail pair phase inverter.

I've got a lot of schematics for EL84 amps in my site. They are a personal favorite of mine for driving the original Quads.

Sheldon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.