6SJ7(6J8) + 6v6 (6P6S) SE - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd July 2009, 04:29 AM   #1
athos56 is offline athos56  United States
diyAudio Member

Default 6SJ7(6J8) + 6v6 (6P6S) SE

I've been crawling through 6V6 SE schematics and found one that uses the same tubes as the PP stage I'm making to go with the SE stage. So here is the one that I found, it uses the 6SJ7 and the 6V6, I'll be using the Russian equivalents. The values used here are around what I had already planned, 100k load, 330k to the screen. The bypass cap I planned on using was closer to 1uf, and the Cathode resistor was closer to 1k. Also, I hadn't planned on using feedback. Basically I'm wondering about your thoughts on the pentode drive stage. This is a no sand project, feedback is ok, and I want to stick with the tubes so what what ever sonics they have together are retained between the SE treble amp and the PP bass amp. Thanks

B+ would be between 250v and 300v
Attached Images
File Type: jpg r0019386-m.jpg (63.4 KB, 555 views)
Old 23rd July 2009, 05:26 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Here's another out of the junk box: This one works well with minimum component level. The half wave rect is an obvious change.

richy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6v6 se diag.jpg (81.8 KB, 491 views)
Old 23rd July 2009, 07:01 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default how about partial feedback?

like the RH amps. High Zo of the driver is an advantage for partial feedback, and the pentode driver has that in spades. Shorter feedback loop, less parts, excellent performance.
Old 23rd July 2009, 07:07 AM   #4
athos56 is offline athos56  United States
diyAudio Member

Ahh, we were exploring that in another thread, I was thinking of using a fixed resistor and a trim pot to dial it in. I was also thinking of switching it to UL since the Edcor opt has the taps. So UL with local feedback is a possibility. (vs pentode with gfb)
Old 23rd July 2009, 07:24 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default you could do both...

switchable. Great experiment!

Hide this!Advertise here!