• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6SJ7(6J8) + 6v6 (6P6S) SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been crawling through 6V6 SE schematics and found one that uses the same tubes as the PP stage I'm making to go with the SE stage. So here is the one that I found, it uses the 6SJ7 and the 6V6, I'll be using the Russian equivalents. The values used here are around what I had already planned, 100k load, 330k to the screen. The bypass cap I planned on using was closer to 1uf, and the Cathode resistor was closer to 1k. Also, I hadn't planned on using feedback. Basically I'm wondering about your thoughts on the pentode drive stage. This is a no sand project, feedback is ok, and I want to stick with the tubes so what what ever sonics they have together are retained between the SE treble amp and the PP bass amp. Thanks

B+ would be between 250v and 300v

Attachments

• r0019386-m.jpg
    r0019386-m.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 721
Ahh, we were exploring that in another thread, I was thinking of using a fixed resistor and a trim pot to dial it in. I was also thinking of switching it to UL since the Edcor opt has the taps. So UL with local feedback is a possibility. (vs pentode with gfb)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.