• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

No bang, no flash, just music!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Fragman56

I tried out one speaker and I believe i put in at least 100 watts.It didn't burn yet.It is an Altec duplex 605 E I remember.Is it possible? Because then the data sheet for the 605 A doesn't match to my speaker.
It was a new experience listening to it,the sound was really loud and this without a box.
I have some 12" noname speakers rated by 250 watts and they can't deliver the same sound power.
I think to buy the Altec speakers,i promised 150$ for both but i really don't know if this is a goog business.
I need some really strong speakers for open-air and for larger rooms.
Can they fit this requirements?
What do you say?

Guys sorry because I'm not talking about the tube amps,kick me out if i disturb. :)

Perhaps not a good fit

It sounds like you need to consider some pro applications like public address systems.

Although Altec 605's may take 100 watts, as you can see from the datasheet, it is not within specs. But, at $150 a pair without enclosures and assuming you get the crossovers with it, not a bad deal at all.

Best of Luck,
rick

To Fragman56

They are Altec Lansing Super Duplex 604 E (It is written on the sticker on the side of the magnet).But without crossowers :(.
I take them and i will buil the crossowers by myself.It's not so hard to build them,they shall have a crossower frquency of 1500Hz.
Not a big deal.
Now I am searching for the dimensions of the original enclosures, I'd like to copy them exactly.I found out they have the dimensions 40"x26"x18".
I don't know if this is the exact size of the box and I dont know the size and position of the venting hole.
Can you help me out?

This speakers must sound awfull with a tube amplifier,I will have to build one.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.