• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

PSU Designer II question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been trying this software but the queiscent voltage seems ok except at B3+.

What I did was I measure the current drawn at each B section but at B3, the actual measurement is 109V instead of the simulated 30V.

Can someone point out the error whether it is due to the transformer impedance or the capacitance ESR.

powersupplyv1.jpg

It works. Thks for your help.

However, the slow rising curve was not reflecting what actually happen. The actual case was there is a overshoot before settling to the final voltage.

1. Now the simulated voltage at B+ rail match the actual measured figures except the transformer secondary. I have to lower it down to 248V instead of the actual 266V. Is it caused by the wrong selection of Diodes voltage drop ?

2. For tube integrated amp (1x12AX7, 2x12AU7, 4x6V6GT), what is the acceptable range of ripple at B1+, B2+ and B3+?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.