• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Rowe AMI jukebox amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hallo to All of you, I'm new to this forum.
Please, can any one help with ROWE AMi R-4359A schematic diagram.
I would like to repair this amp. :confused:
Thanks a lot

My memory of this amp is dimmer than six years ago but I believe this was very close to mine. Due diligence circuit sleuthing recommended.

Attachments

• jbm-200_complete_schematic.jpg
    jbm-200_complete_schematic.jpg
    674.4 KB · Views: 553
I also have one of these amps (R-2620).
I was looking at the tertiary winding on the OPT, and saw that some had wondered about using it for CFB. Has this been tried? It has a center tap, and supposedly is for 70v line out. The center tap is linked to the speaker ground tap on the secondary.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...the tertiary winding on the OPT....wondered about using it for CFB... supposedly is for 70v line out. ....

If it is 70VCT--

The peak voltage across half the winding is 49V. This at the cathode increases the required grid swing.

The stock grid swing is about 18V peak. (The 14V test-point is dragged down by meter loading.)

So we need 18V+49V= 67V peak grid swing. On two grids. From a cathodyne biased at only 56V per side. It can't reach full output.

And what you might gain by a smaller NFB loop, you lose in less NFB in the global loop. As-is, it has very little global NFB. With CFB it has "none" in the global loop. (Unless you change global NFB for much lower gain, forcing a larger input signal and more work for the stage before this.)

Some amps beg for change. IMHO this one doesn't.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.