• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Model 16LS Stereo Integrated Tube Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I recently got into tubes and hace completed a couple of pre-amp kits found off eBay, specifically the "Wendy 6N3" one from China. I bought 2 of them...built one as is (just wired up the pre-populated boards to a trafo and chassis) the other I disassembled and rebuilt point-to-point. Both turnd out OK (little hum) and I had a great time doing it. I am now looking to build an amp kit. I have seen great reviews on the kits made by S-5 Electronics, the K502 being the most praised. I have also seen some terrible reviews on the K-8LS kit. It appears this K-8LS has a big brother the K-16LS that I have not been able to find much in the way of reviews. I would prefer to build the 16LS b/c of the higher output (I don't YET own high eff speaks) but am a bit worried about the sound b/c of it's little brother the 8LS having such bad reviews. Has anybody out there built the 16LS kit or known somebody who has? I would love to find some feedback before I sink $250 into this kit, not to mention the extras and time. Aditionally does anybody know of another great kit around this pricepoint I should consider? I am not quite yet ready to build one from scratch, that will be a few more months down the road.
Thanks for all you guys help, y'all have always been great.
Sincerely,
Jeff
Lawton, USA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.