Model 16LS Stereo Integrated Tube Amplifier - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th June 2009, 08:00 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Model 16LS Stereo Integrated Tube Amplifier

Hi,
I recently got into tubes and hace completed a couple of pre-amp kits found off eBay, specifically the "Wendy 6N3" one from China. I bought 2 of them...built one as is (just wired up the pre-populated boards to a trafo and chassis) the other I disassembled and rebuilt point-to-point. Both turnd out OK (little hum) and I had a great time doing it. I am now looking to build an amp kit. I have seen great reviews on the kits made by S-5 Electronics, the K502 being the most praised. I have also seen some terrible reviews on the K-8LS kit. It appears this K-8LS has a big brother the K-16LS that I have not been able to find much in the way of reviews. I would prefer to build the 16LS b/c of the higher output (I don't YET own high eff speaks) but am a bit worried about the sound b/c of it's little brother the 8LS having such bad reviews. Has anybody out there built the 16LS kit or known somebody who has? I would love to find some feedback before I sink $250 into this kit, not to mention the extras and time. Aditionally does anybody know of another great kit around this pricepoint I should consider? I am not quite yet ready to build one from scratch, that will be a few more months down the road.
Thanks for all you guys help, y'all have always been great.
Sincerely,
Jeff
Lawton, USA

Hide this!Advertise here!