• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

canadian source for triad choke?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the replies. The Hammond 193 is $40-60 (depending on model) (not including shipping, taxes, etc.). According to George's website, the Triad will do the job just fine and it's only $15 (if I can get it shipped cheaply). I don't care if it's ugly as it will be hidden in the chassis. Whatever money I can save will go towards my Electra-prints.

Any other ideas?

Joined 2008
Paid Member
leadbelly said:
The Hammond site lists retail for the 159Q at $35.89. Where do you live? You should be able to find a local store that'll sell you it for catalogue-20%, or about $CDN29. I doubt that you can get the Allied shipped to you for $US25 or $CDN29.

PartsConnexion has it for $31.23. They don't have a handling charge and will send anyway you want it. Plus they're having a 20% sale, maybe they'll take a little more off the price if you ask . . . .

Hearinspace said:
PartsConnexion has it for $31.23. They don't have a handling charge and will send anyway you want it. Plus they're having a 20% sale, maybe they'll take a little more off the price if you ask . . . .

That'll still be more $ than my suggestion. I'm not suggesting that he needs to haggle for the 20% off, that's the standard discount for Hammond products, at least at the electronics stores I've been to.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.