• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Any Australians want to share shipping for valves from ESRC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got a quote for a bunch of valves from ESRC, the valve prices are great, the shipping price horrendous. (Over half the value of the order again.) I believe this because USPS no longer offers surface shipping.

So my question is obvious, does anyone else in Australia want anything from them? If we make a bigger order, the per-valve shipping cost should go down.

I'll organise it, you pay your portion of the shipping to Melbourne (based on the relative quantity of tubes in your portion vs the whole order, I think it's too difficult to be more precise). You also pay for shipping to you from my place, unless you are in Melbourne and want to pick up. I wont pay for that leg and seeing as I'm organising, I reckon that's fair.

Simple?

They have a dollar sale until Sunday.

Let me know ASAP.

(Of course it's possible that after all this shipping will still be absurd, but you can only try.)

If they have any 19J6 in stock it might be worth joining up over at Head-Fi and posting a thread there. They are used in a tube headphone amplifier that's an awesome sounding and priced design, just the tubes pose a problem.

It was a massive PITA to source them and they are always in decent demand, even in Australia.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.