diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Tubes / Valves (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/)
-   -   Russian tube equivelants (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/144943-russian-tube-equivelants.html)

bereanbill 28th May 2009 11:49 PM

Russian tube equivelants

Ok...my curiosity has been sufficiently piqued to look into
Russian tube variants. Anyone point me to a comprehensive croos match so I know what the heck I'm looking at? I think some I am checking out are 6H9C...a supposed 6SL7 cross. I have seen some Russian tubes being sold on Feebay that purport to be close, but with a different pinout...not sure I want to go into that unless it's for a new project. Any help....yadda yadda...:o

DHT112A 29th May 2009 01:33 AM

I have a fairly extensive pdf I can send you. It's too large to load on this site

bereanbill 29th May 2009 01:35 AM

To DHT112A

Sure...email away...thanks.

tubelab.com 29th May 2009 02:06 AM

Quote:

I have a fairly extensive pdf I can send you.
I must admit that I am mostly in the dark about Russian tube numbers. Please email me a copy of your list.

If you want to make it public, I can put it on my web site if you want.

Quote:

I have seen some Russian tubes being sold on Feebay that purport to be close, but with a different pinout
I have found out that many of those Ebay ads that claim to be "close" "similar" or "equivalent" are pure BS. Some don't even have the same number of pins.

I got some EL84 "equivalents" that have glowing screen grids in a Simple P-P. I got some other tubes from a different Ebay seller that have the same Cyrillic number on them that work well in the same amp. We have all seen all sorts of tubes sold as 6L6GC's too. Some can take serious abuse, some will melt!

Karsten Sømand 29th May 2009 06:39 AM

Dear DHT112A

I am as well very interested in your list with russian tubes. I tried to email you through this site but unfortunately your email is locked. Please drop me an email and I will forward my email address to you.

Thank you very much in advance.

Karsten

Wavebourn 29th May 2009 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DHT112A
I have a fairly extensive pdf I can send you. It's too large to load on this site
Send it me please; I may correct and add something (I am American with Russian design, engineering, manufacturing, tech support background).

lowtherdream 29th May 2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DHT112A
Also very interested :) Please email a copy.

jungle1971 29th May 2009 12:20 PM

yeah, me too please.
cheers
michael

ashok 29th May 2009 01:03 PM

DHT112A I'd like to have a copy too.
ashokm(at)sify(dot)com
Thanks.
Ashok

DHT112A 29th May 2009 03:13 PM

I'm trying to send this pdf but it is 10.7megs and I can't get my mail to send it. Fortunately I am one who has not lost a job and have to go to work this morn. Will try to get it to someone who can post it on thier site this evening.