• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Russian tube equivelants

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wavebourn said:
No, 6N1P and 6N2P are not replacements for 12AX7, they are replacements for 6N8S and 6N9S (6SN7 and 6SL7), by initial design, and they were offered in Russia such a way.

Funny thing is it matches neither 6SL7 nor *AX7 directly - it has mu of 100 (like 6AX7/12AX7/ECC83), rp close to 6SL7 and somewhat higher Ih, Ia and S than both of those. Being a noval tube it is easy to understand why is is considered to be the replacement for ECC83.

Arnulf said:

Funny thing is it matches neither 6SL7 nor *AX7 directly - it has mu of 100 (like 6AX7/12AX7/ECC83), rp close to 6SL7 and somewhat higher Ih, Ia and S than both of those. Being a noval tube it is easy to understand why is is considered to be the replacement for ECC83.

Arnulf said:

I'm sorry, I was referring to 6N2P (the one I mentioned in my previous post) with my subsequent comment, should have clarified that.

They were offered to designers instead of octal versions, for new design of equipment that uses miniature tubes. Of course, some differences in specs don't matter because they were not designed for tube rolling.

w5jag said:

I've thought about this a little, and it seems like it may not have been pinout, but some other physical incompatibility between all of the 5670's I own, and the 6N3P sockets in that little amp.

Win W5JAG

Afer doing a little experimenting, my amp apparently does not use 6N3 as advertised.

It works fine with 6BQ7A and 6DJ8, but not at all with 5670.

So I guess it was made with 6N1 or ?. The sockets are not marked and the screening on the tubes it came with are smudged.

That's good, I guess. I have dozens of 6DJ8.

Win W5JAG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.