Another question about russian tubes - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th May 2009, 09:55 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to PythonOleg
Question Another question about russian tubes

Well, hello everyone!

All know ussr/russian made tubes, such as 6P14P**, 6P3S-E, 6N*V-** tubes. Also i can say this about capacitors, K40/42, Teflon, SSG.

For example - on ebay i list 6F12P tube many times, but sell it once. On my webstore usually sell about 50 in mounth...

But now i need to encrease tubes assortment in my store, and want to know, what international tube fans think about other russian tubes. For example:
6P15P-**
6J*P
6N23P
and other, other, other.
Subminiature amplifer tubes 1j*** series?

Also, if in tubes order you received few "new tubes"?

And really interesting question for me: what tubes you want to see in sale, but can't, or really hard to find it?

Once again - sorry for my english, but i know, that it better, than your russian )

Thanks for your time, Oleg, www.ussr-tubes.com
Old 28th May 2009, 10:10 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Oleg;
that 6F12P I bought have variations of parameters as wide as barn gates, so I had to invent a servo to keep them stable in my amps. 6P3S tubes are almost all too gassy, so I switched to GU-50.
Drop me a message about 6F12P, may be I will buy some more.
Also, 30P1S look interesting, but again they may be very gassy for NOS Russian tubes.

Anatoliy
Old 28th May 2009, 10:23 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Anatoliy, you tryed to buy 100x6f12p in last year from me =)))

Oleg, www.ussr-tubes.com
Old 28th May 2009, 10:25 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi Oleg

At the moment I am happy playing around with the cheap as dirt 6N1P, 6N6P, GU50's, 6E6P's and other 'small tubes'. Besides I still have some other russian tubes that need to be put to use: 6C33C, 6J52P, 6F12P, GM70, 6S4S, etc...

Still, I am curious about two tubes of which I have only seen datasheets which show, as far as I know, specs that have not been achieved by 'western tubes'. These tubes are the 12C42C, which is something like 2x 6C33C in parallel (120V anode, 1A, 120W plate dissipation) curves here The other tube is the 6P38P, a pentode with transconductance reaching the 70mA/V figure. Both are most certainly beast to put to use and I doubt if I will ever need their 'specs', still the curiosity about them remains (maybe I should start my own private museum)

Regards, Erik
Old 28th May 2009, 10:26 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally posted by PythonOleg
Anatoliy, you tryed to buy 100x6f12p in last year from me =)))
Oh yes, sorry, I bought 24 from some lady, she sold them cheaper.
Also, I tried to organize a group buy for 6J52P, but there was not so big demand to go and buy...

Old 28th May 2009, 10:45 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Erik,, about 12C42C - this is legendary tube, hard-to-find like T-rex bone. I down't know how it will be right in english, but i think - Saint GRaal cup =)

About 6P38P - think - possible take this tube =). I will ask my supluers, and add it to list.

Anatoliy,, thanks, i add ...52P to stock.
Old 28th May 2009, 10:50 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hi Oleg

Well, at least you know about the existence of the 12C42C. I can indeed believe it is a hard to find tube: I have never seen one, not even a picture. So, if you find/have one, please post a picture at the forum: it is plain curiosity.

Erik
Old 28th May 2009, 10:56 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I recently bought a pair of 6s4s. I may buy another pair at some point in the future. I don't know if others have any interest in this tube.
Old 29th May 2009, 02:21 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
specs that have not been achieved by 'western tubes'. These tubes are the 12C42C, which is something like 2x 6C33C in parallel
Check out the 7241 and 7242. They are slightly smaller than an 813 and use the same socket. The 7242, Plate current 900 mA, plate voltage up to 400 volts, dissipation 100 watts. The 7241, plate current 1.2 amps. I have seen a few of these , but could not afford to but them ($50 to $100 each).
Old 29th May 2009, 04:38 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Hi Oleg,

I am not sure that I am answering your question - I am not sure whether you are referring to tubes that are in production or tubes that we would like to see in production. If you are referring to the latter, I would love to see a Russian 845 tube. NOS 845's are basically unobtainable at any sort of reasonable price and the Chinese versions are only produced intermittently.

The 845's are quite a popular tube and I am sure there would be a market for them, esp a decent metal plate version .

Thanks for the interesting thread.

Regards,

Rob

Hide this!Advertise here!