• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6L6 AB1 Push-Pull

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

First post in quite a while. I've been looking more into tube amps of late, specifically for use as a bass guitar amplifier. After doing some research, I would like to go for a design using 6L6s, in a push pull AB1 configuration, but am having trouble finding any designs. I've searched the internet, as well as these forums the past few days trying to find a design, bad have com up with nothing.

I was looking at using just the pair first up, with the possibility of going up to two pairs. I believe one pair in PP AB1 would give me power in the ballpark of 100wrms, is that correct?

Nic.

A couple of designs pop into my head right away. The Supro Thunderbolt 6420 and the Fender Bassman 5E6...and maybe the late 1950s Ampeg Bassamp Model 826. The Ampeg used EL37s, but switching to 6L6s would be easy. Two sites that you may want to check out: www.schematicheaven.com and www.freeinfosociety.com. HUNDREDS of guitar and bass amps there. Have fun !
BTW...Fender is routinely getting 60 watts from 2-6L6s in their Hot Rod Devilles and Blues Deville.
Afterthought..the Ampeg V4B gets 60 watts from a pair of 7027s...also very easy to switch to 6l6s.:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.